I ran across this recently and I believe it is very relevant and actually brilliant! So I am taking it and using it here. If anyone knows who wrote it originally, let me know I would love to give them credit. But these are my exact sentiments and put really well. Read on:
Yes you can list FSBO; For Sale By Owner.
If I were you I would hire an agent that already has a solid marketing plan in place so that your property get the most exposure possible so that you get top dollar for your home. Many time seller’s try to save money on commission b selling it their selves and end up leaving a lot of money on the table because the buyer pool their home was exposed to was much smaller than if they had used an experienced agent. An experience agent should be able to:
– Run a free Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) for your property and neighborhood. From there we can discuss what I believe your home will appraise for as well as an accurate list price for your home in today’s market. The market is constantly changing and pricing your home correctly is very important.
– Hire a Professional Photographer to come out and take high quality pictures of your property so that your property is represented in the best light possible for all of your property’s advertisements that I will place for you.
– Add a Lock Box to the property.
– Pay to Post a Sign on your property.
– Create Professional Flyers for your listing and disburse them in your neighborhood as well as in the flyer box on the sign post.
– Hold Open Houses that work with your schedule. I often times have lenders that will sponsor the Open House and provide answers to potential buyers in regard to their financing. The lenders often will provide a Snow Cone Truck to help capture the attention of people in the area. We also provide drinks, snacks, balloons, and more!
– Use online presence to assure your listing is placed in front of buyers from around the world. We have “VIP” status, “Premier Agent” status, 1,000’s of contributions on the Top Real Estate related websites and Las Vegas related websites. You can search for us on Zillow, etc and see our posts, reviews, and more.
– Use syndicating websites to send your listing to thousands of websites across the web.
– Pay for an email marketing plan that will send your listing to thousands of investors, agents, and other professionals in our network.
– And of course place your listing on the MLS exposing your home to thousands of Real Estate Agents in your market.
– Take out paid ads for your property and place them in “Feature” position above your competition on major real estate websites.
If you are prepared and capable of doing all of that on your own then more power to you, but if not I would start interviewing agents and see who is a good fit for your property in your market.
Let me know if I can be that pro for you! Want more? Visit http://www.coloradohomesalesonline.com